DNF builddep Plugin¶
Install whatever is needed to build the given .src.rpm, .nosrc.rpm or .spec file.
Build dependencies in a package (i.e. src.rpm) might be different than you would expect because they were evaluated according macros set on the package build host.
dnf builddep <package>...
- Either path to .src.rpm, .nosrc.rpm or .spec file or package available in a repository.
All general DNF options are accepted, see Options in dnf(8) for details.
- Show this help.
-D <macro expr>, --define <macro expr>
- Define the RPM macro named macro to the value expr when parsing spec files. Does not apply for source rpm files.
- Treat arguments as .spec files.
- Treat arguments as source rpm files.
- Skip build dependencies not available in repositories. All available build dependencies will be installed.
Note that builddep command does not honor the –skip-broken option, so there is no way to skip uninstallable packages (e.g. with broken dependencies).
dnf builddep foobar.spec
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the foobar.spec file.
dnf builddep --spec foobar.spec.in
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the spec file when filename ends
with something different than
dnf builddep foobar-1.0-1.src.rpm
- Install the needed build requirements, defined in the foobar-1.0-1.src.rpm file.
dnf builddep foobar-1.0-1
- Look up foobar-1.0-1 in enabled repositories and install build requirements for its source rpm.
dnf builddep -D 'scl python27' python-foobar.spec
- Install the needed build requirements for the python27 SCL version of python-foobar.