DNF reposync Plugin¶
Synchronize packages of a remote DNF repository to a local directory.
dnf reposync [options]
reposync makes local copies of remote repositories. Packages that are already present in the local directory are not downloaded again.
All general DNF options are accepted. Namely, the
--repoid option can be used to specify the repositories to synchronize. See Options in dnf(8) for details.
-p <download-path>, --download-path=<download-path>
- Root path under which the downloaded repositories are stored, relative to the current working directory. Defaults to the current working directory. Every downloaded repository has a subdirectory named after its ID under this path.
- Don’t add the reponame to the download path. Can only be used when syncing a single repository (default is to add the reponame).
- Download all repository metadata. Downloaded copy is instantly usable as a repository, no need to run createrepo_c on it.
-a <architecture>, --arch=<architecture>
- Download only packages of given architectures (default is all architectures). Can be used multiple times.
- Operate on source packages.
- Also download and uncompress comps.xml. Consider using
--download-metadataoption which will download all available repository metadata.
- Download only newest packages per-repo.
- Delete local packages no longer present in repository.
- Root path under which the downloaded metadata are stored. It defaults to
--download-pathvalue if not given.
- Try to set the timestamps of the downloaded files to those on the remote side.
- Just print urls of what would be downloaded, don’t download.
dnf reposync --repoid=the_repo
- Synchronize all packages from the repository with id “the_repo”. The synchronized copy is saved in “the_repo” subdirectory of the current working directory.
dnf reposync -p /my/repos/path --repoid=the_repo
- Synchronize all packages from the repository with id “the_repo”. In this case files are saved in “/my/repos/path/the_repo” directory.
dnf reposync --repoid=the_repo --download-metadata
- Synchronize all packages and metadata from “the_repo” repository.
Repository synchronized with
--download-metadata option can be directly used in DNF for example by using
dnf --repofrompath=syncedrepo,the_repo --repoid=syncedrepo list --available
- dnf(8), DNF Command Reference