DNF repodiff Plugin¶
Display a list of differences between two or more repositories
dnf repodiff [<options>]
repodiff is a program which will list differences between two sets of repositories. Note that by default only source packages are compared.
--repo-old=<repoid>, -o <repoid>
- Add a
<repoid>as an old repository. It is possible to be used in conjunction with
--repofrompathoption. Can be specified multiple times.
--repo-new=<repoid>, -n <repoid>
- Add a
<repoid>as a new repository. Can be specified multiple times.
--archlist=<arch>, -a <arch>
- Add architectures to change the default from just comparing source packages. Note that you can use a wildcard “*” for all architectures. Can be specified multiple times.
- Output additional data about the size of the changes.
- Normally packages are just compared based on their name, this flag makes the comparison also use the arch. So foo.noarch and foo.x86_64 are considered to be a different packages.
- Output a simple one line message for modified packages.
- Split the data for modified packages between upgraded and downgraded packages.
Compare source pkgs in two local repos:
dnf repodiff --repofrompath=o,/tmp/repo-old --repofrompath=n,/tmp/repo-new --repo-old=o --repo-new=n
Compare x86_64 compat. binary pkgs in two remote repos, and two local one:
dnf repodiff --repofrompath=o,http://example.com/repo-old --repofrompath=n,http://example.com/repo-new --repo-old=o --repo-new=n --archlist=x86_64
Compare x86_64 compat. binary pkgs, but also compare architecture:
dnf repodiff --repofrompath=o,http://example.com/repo-old --repofrompath=n,http://example.com/repo-new --repo-old=o --repo-new=n --archlist=x86_64 --compare-arch